God repeatedly challenges us to trust Him with our finances, promising that when we give Him our first and best, He will bless the rest! Exodus 34:26a says “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.” and Proverbs 3:9-10 , 2 Chronicles 31:5 , Leviticus 27:30 all give us an understanding of how God wants us to trust Him.
Let’s be honest, most of us work too hard for too little. So for many, the idea of tithing, bringing the first 10% of our income to God seems overwhelming. Here’s the thing, it doesn’t matter how much or how little we make. God promises to pour out blessings on us when we tithe.
Tithing is about training our heart to trust God at His word. In Malachi 3:10, the Bible says we can take the promises of God to the bank. When we bring our first and best back to God, He promises to bless the rest. We can’t out-give God.
- I will test God’s faithfulness (Malachi 3:8-10) by accepting the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the 90-Day period beginning on the date of my first donation, my household will contribute to God, through Living Hope Church, a tithe equal to or greater than 10% of our total income. At the end of the 90-Day period, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full tithe amount made during the 90-Day period. I understand that I will receive my refund within 30 days of my request.
- I understand that this form must be completed and received by the Business Administrator of Living Hope Church on or before the beginning of the 90-Day Challenge.
- I understand that my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing, or haven’t been tithing consistently for at least the last six months.
- I understand that if I pay my tithe at the physical location where Living Hope Church meets, my tithe must be paid by check or by cash in a completed offering envelope, marked 90 Day Tithe Challenge, so that my tithe can be properly recorded. I also understand I can pay my tithe online here.
- I understand that I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge.
- I understand that any request for refund must be made in writing and received by the Living Hope Church office and/or lead pastor within 30 days of the end of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge.
Are you ready to take the challenge?
Follow these steps:
- Register below for the challenge and commit to tithing 10% of your income for 90 days.
- Return 10% of your income to God for 90 days through giving at church on Sunday or by giving online.
- Record what God has done in your life for 90 days and share your story with us.